The Strong Parachutes Cushion Seat 304 is recommended for use in airplanes where head room is not restricted and (or) moving forward in the cockpit is not an option such as a Yak 52 or Yak 55.
The 304 parachute's container measures 12" x 16" x 3" thick. By using an additional comfort Foam cushion the thickness of the pack maybe extended by a further 2.5".
Suitable for the following aircraft: Acroduster, Acrosport, Bowers Flybaby, Bucker Jungmann, Christen Eagle II, Citabria, Curtis Wright Model 19, Decathlon, DR 109, Fire Bolt, Fouga Jet, Great Lakes, Pitts 12, Pitts S1, Pitts S1C, Pitts S2B Front Seat, Pitts Special, RV3, RV4 Front Seat, RV8 Front Seat, Ryan PT-22, Scout, Skybolt, Starduster, Stearman, Stemme 304, TS11 Iskra, Waco, Yak 11, 18A, 3, 50 & 52.
Mid-Lite Canopy Features
- Canopy shape: conical
- Size: 26 ft
- Number of gores: 24
- Canopy cloth: Mil-C-44378 T III
- Line length: 18 ft 6 in
- Line material: Nylon braided
- Line tensile strength: 650 lb
- Gores: 24
- Panels per gore: 4
- Suspension line material: Braided nylon
- Suspension line strength: Military LoPo, 650 lbs
- Canopy Cloth: Mil-C-44378 T3 30 - 50 cfm
- Number of circumferential reinforcing tapes: 3
- Turn Speed 360°: 7 seconds (approximate)
- Forward speed: 7 mph approximate
- Opening time: 1.1-2.3 seconds
- Rate of descent: 200 lbs 16.5 fps
- Canopy weight: 7.5 lb (approximate)
- Maximum weight: 254 lbs (115 kg)
Please note: when returning a Parachute for refund, a charge of £50 will be made to cover the cost of re-packing the equipment.
Strong Emergency Parachute saves Warbird pilot Rob Davies after he is forced to bail from his damaged P-51 Mustang at Flying Legends Duxford UK, July 2011.