The newly developed Dittel 8.33 kHz generation radio transceiver is small, light, energy efficient and full of innovative digitalisation technology.
The result of the high degree of digitalisation of the KRT2 is not only high frequency stability and channel separation, but also crystal-clear communication.
As a stand-alone transceiver for sport or ultralight aircraft, gliders and balloons or as a backup transceiver for larger aircraft (over 5,7t MTOW), the KRT2 makes radio communication a pleasure on all channels (depending on the quality of the connected headset and remote).
The advantages at a glance
- Very high frequency stability and channel separation - under all operating conditions
- Spectacular low weight of just 360 grams - ideal for gliders and ultralights
- Compact dimensions - for easy and flexible installation
- Minimized power consumption - optimized for battery operation in gliders and balloons
- Crystal-clear voice transmission - for perfect communication
- Large, high-contrast, long-life TFT colour display for excellent readability - even in direct sunlight
- Intuitive controls - developed by pilots for pilots
- Outstanding price/performance ratio - Made in Germany
Functionality at its best
In addition to its high-end design, the KRT2 impresses with many characteristics, which raise radio communication in the cockpit to a high level and open the way to functional extensions in the future.
- Dual watch technology: Beside the main frequency, it is also possible to listen to a second frequency - with adjustable tone and volume control.
- Speech controlled intercom: Two headsets or loudspeakers with microphones (standard or dynamic) can be connected with the optionally available cable harness
- 100 freely assignable frequency memories with 8-character, plain-text display: saves the re-entry of often used frequencies
- Automatic squelch function: the threshold can be adjusted manually
- Additional AF input: can be used, for example, for warning messages from anti-collision systems (Flarm, ADS-B)
- Future-proof multi-functionality: through the possibility of firmware upgrades
The KRT2 is available in three models. In addition to the standard version for mounting in a 57-mm round slot, it is available to communication experts in mini-format, in landscape or portrait housings.
With its small housing length, it is easy to install, even in cockpits with confined space.
For mobile use, e.g. ballooning, the radio transceiver is also available as a portable station - ideally in combination with the KTX2 Model-S transponder.
Standard: 146.5 x 63.5 x 62 mm, Ø57 mm slot
Mini landscape: 147.5 x 62 x 46 mm
Mini portrait: 147.5 x 46 x 62 mm
- Type: 8.33 / 25 kHz VHF radio transceiver, 118,000 - 136,975 MHz, 2278 channels
- Frequency precision: ±5 ppm
- Approvals ETSO-2C169a / TSO-C169a
- Transmitter: EUROCAE ED-23C Class 4, 6, RTCA DO-186B Class 4, 6
- Receiver: EUROCAE ED-23C Class C-D-E-H1/2, RTCA DO-186B Class C-D-E
- Compatibility EUROCAE ED-23C, RTCA DO-186B, RTCA DO-160F, RTCA DO-178B Software Level D
- Operating voltage 9 - 33 V DC
- Power consumption (@12 V) Standby: 1 - 1.4 W (depending on display brightness settings)
Transmit: 17 - 30 W (depending on modulation level)
- Transmitted power 6 W @ = 13.5 V
- Loudspeaker output =10 W in 4 O
- Operating temperature -15°C ... +55°C
- Weight 360 g
- Max. operating altitude 35,000 ft
- Dimensions 146,5 x 63,5 x 62 mm (standard), 147,5 x 62 x 46 mm (mini)
*Connector kit included
Download KRT2 Manualt
Download KRT2 DataSheet